Friday, November 11, 2005

 

"I'm just a Laurie"

St. Louis Blues fans are slowly going crazy with this constant losing.

Childhood Trauma, however, was clinically insane long before N*Sync ever became bigger than Boney M. Here is his little...'poem' about Blues soon-to-ex-owner Bill Laurie.
---
Fan: Whew! You sure gotta pay
a lot of bucks to get into this
Saavis Arena here in St Louis. But I wonder who
that glad little snip of a man is?

Bill:I'm just a Laurie.
Yes, I'm Mr. Bill laurie.
And I'm peddling a team that is sorry.
Well, it's a bad bad team
dressing who the heck is it.
Its an a sad sad game
While I'm raking in Checkisetts,
But I know cash will fill my Lorry
At least I hope and pray that I will
But today I am still just a Laurie.

Boy: Gee, Bill, you certainly have a lot of patience and courage.

Bill: Well, I got this far. When I started I wasn't even rich, I was just raised horses.
Some folks back home decided they wanted a new basketball court, so they called
me, and I said, "You're right, there oughta be new basketball court."
Then I sat down and wrote them out a check and named it after Paige. And It
became my team, and it'll remain my team above and beyond the hockey thing.

I'm just a laurie
Yes I'm mr bill laurie,
And I got rejected by the NBA.
now the team is stuck in limbo

And ownership is tba
While a basketball man asks his lender's okay
and sees how much they let he Borrwee.
How I hope and pray that it will make my day,
But today I am still just a Laurie.

Boy: Listen to those fans arguing! Is all that discussion and debate about you?
Bill: Yeah, I'm one of the unlucky ones. Most owners never do things this open. I hope they decide to report on me favorably, otherwise I may cry.
Boy: Cry?
Bill: Yeah, cry in Columbia. Ooh, but it looks like I'm gonna make money!
Now I go to Gary Bettman, and he tells the owners what to vote on me.
Boy: If they vote yes, what happens?
Bill: Then the team is someone else's mess and the whole thing starts all over again.
Boy: Oh no!
Bill: Oh yes! I'm just a Laurie
Yes, I'm mr Bill Laurie
And if they vote for me on Bettman's advice
Well, then I'm off to Mizzou
Where I'll wait in no line
And my daughter will have
someone else's Lsat she will sign
And if she signs it, then she'll study law.
How I hope and pray that she will,
But today I am still just a Laurie.

Boy: You mean even if the whole city says you
shouldn't sell to someone or move, you still can?
Bill: Yes, that's called a money. If the people want they can complain to their congressman and he can call my laywer and.... , and by that time so much time...
Boy: By that time you are already in Boise. It's not easy to keep a team with a bad owner, is it?

Bill: No!
But how I want to dump this train wreck,
But today I am still just a laurie.


Sauer: He signed the check!
Now you're a ex-owner!

Bill: Oh yes!!!


Comments:
update is this: not ex- soon enough. Reports is that 150 million was too much for checkets and a requirement by laurie so the top suitor for the blues is now no longer bidding.\\and if dave watchedthe team and down graded his offer,it is hard to see who will pony up the asking price now
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?