Wednesday, November 23, 2005

 

An interesting Q&A with Sergei Fedorov

ESPNs David Amber somehow got Sergei Fedorov to open up a little bit during an inteview posted on ESPN.com, including tidbits about Anna Kournikova, Tara Reid, and his defection from the USSR.

Some of the more interesting highlights...

Q: In 1989, Mogilny defected to the U.S. to play in the NHL. A year later, you followed. Tell us about that.

A: It was 1990 and I was in Portland, Ore., playing in an exhibition game. I had been in contact with the Red Wings for more than a year, so finally I decided it was time for me to try playing in the NHL. I was only 20 when I defected. I didn't know much about life cause all I did was practice hockey all the time. I wasn't scared when I left the Russian team, but I was really excited. Sometimes the less you know, the better. All I could think about was playing in big NHL arenas and that's why I wasn't scared 'cause I didn't know any better.

...

Q: What's the best thing about the relationship you had with Anna Kournikova?

A: The best thing was that we were both Russian. There was no romance for a long time. She was just a kid when we met the first time [she was 15]. Our families got along. We had a lot in common, we lived similar lives, we understood each other. So our friendship developed 'cause we were in the same position professionally and socially.

Q: How did the relationship with Anna go to being more than friends?

A: It was a turning point. We spent quite a few days together. Anna expressed that kind of [romantic] interest, I was kind of surprised because I was a little bit older and wilder than her and I was going in a different direction. But I looked at the situation and said she was a great person, so, why not? So, then we started dating. It was tough because her schedule had her based all over the world and I played games in so many different cities.
...

Q: How did you meet former girlfriend Tara Reid?

A: We met through mutual friends in Los Angeles. We met up again in Miami at the MTV Music Awards. We hung out for a while before we started dating. A lot of people come to Miami to relax and party a little bit.

Q: She is known as the ultimate "party girl." Is that a fair reputation?

A: I don't think so. She just got that rep. She was at the wrong place at the wrong time. She has fun, but that's all.


He doesn't think so? I guess he never watched "Taradise"!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?