Sunday, March 26, 2006

 

Jes's Secret Video Collection: Part Two

Here's another offering from my collection:



Petr Svoboda of the Czech Republic scores the lone goal in a 1-0 Gold Medal victory over the evil Russians at the 1998 Winter Olympics in Nagano. The feed cuts to the old town square in Prague, where people are up watching the game.

I can remember cheering quite loudly when Svoboda scored this goal. I had adopted the Czechs as my team after they beat Canada, but I had liked them throughout the tournament. Seeing a lot of strange unknown names like Jiri Dopita, Pavel Patera, Milan Hejduk, and Jaroslav Spacek (this was just before I started following Czech and Slovak hockey closely) plus the return of VLADIMIR RUZICKA and FRANTISEK KUCERA was just too awesome.

Comments:
Jes, you're going to be getting a call from the Toronto PD if you keep revealing your 'secret video collection.' Just a heads up.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?