Thursday, July 05, 2007

 

The Oilers Lose Another Big Name

by Jes

This off-season just continues to get worse for the Oilers.
---

The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed defenseman Jan Hejda to a two-year contract, club General Manager Scott Howson announced today. As is club policy, terms were not disclosed.

Hejda, 29, tallied one goal and eight assists for nine points, 20 penalty minutes and averaged 20:23 of ice time in 39 games with the Edmonton Oilers during the 2006-07 season, which was his first in North America. He also appeared in five games with Hamilton of the American Hockey League, collecting 0-3-3 and 21 penalty minutes.
---

Remember, that ONE goal was a big one.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Thank God, one of my completely-irrational, based-on-nothing (except Czech nationality and relative obscurity) favorites hooks back up. This sort of makes up slightly for the BJ's brutal mishandling of Kloucek and Balastik.

Of course, sometime in September, I'm going to drunkenly order a Hejda Blue Jackets jersey at 3 a.m. And then feel regret.
 
I am totally surprised the Oilers let him go. They need as much experience as they can get!

Again, after Sykora, nothing really surprises me. They obviously are going with youth everywhere (a la Tom Gilbert).

Hejda's a very solid and affordable defenseman. I wish him well in Columbus.

Big Dan
 
Perhaps I'm mistaken; shouldn't the games in the NHL and the AHL be reversed? I don't remember him playing for the NHL team that much... What I did see I liked. Best of luck in Columbus Jan. Have fun, I hear they have great fans there.
RoliLover
 
Hejda is a decent defensemen actually, but I think the Oilers wanted to get some speed and offense back in the D-corps so Hejda didn't fit into the plans.

His abilities include strong work along the boards and ability to push forwards off the puck. Has a decent amount of toughness. Unfortunately his foot speed is quite poor and he sometimes confuses coverage with forwards controlling the puck behind the net.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?