Tuesday, July 08, 2008

 

So, When Does My Heart Get Broken?

by Jes

I was perusing the usual sites at lunchtime and came across this brief posting at TSN.ca

In an interview with Vancouver radio station CKNW, free agent forward Pavol Demitra confirmed that the Canucks are his preferred destination and expects to sign with the team.

"I think there is a good chance," Demitra said.

"[Current Canucks GM Mike Gillis] used to be my agent for a long time. We are very good friends. I am very interested in playing for [the Canucks]."

Demitra was recently in town to visit with former teammate Geoff Courtnall, the two played together in St. Louis, and confirmed
that the Canucks fit what he is looking for in a team.

"I want to play for a team that is going to win, [one] who is going to compete for the playoffs and the Stanley Cup."

Demitra was not sure when he would sign with the Canucks, only that it could happen in the next few days or the next few weeks.

"[Signing with the Canucks] would be great," Demitra finished.

This time next week: Pavol Demitra signs with the LA Kings :(

Labels: , ,


Comments:
B E L I E V E
 
"I want to play for a team that is going to win, [one] who is going to compete for the playoffs and the Stanley Cup."

he clearly has never heard of the vancouver canucks.
 
"I want to play for a team that is going to win, [one] who is going to compete for the playoffs and the Stanley Cup."

That quote sounds like he spent too much time talking to Geoff Courtnall... Back then, Vancouver still had a chance to compete for a Cup. Now they are competing for the Cap...
 
Pavol WAS awesome. It's been awhile since he could be described that way.

He might fit in Vancouver, though. Should be signable at a reasonable price, I mean, and fit under the cap.
 
I know how you guys feel, once again I get to watch from the sidelines, as the innefective Bob Gainey fails once again to attract any top-line FAs to Montreal.....I'm beginning to think that Gainey couldnt attract a stainless steel FA, with a 50 foot magnet! 9_9 (rolls eyes)
MikeyHabs
 
Mikey, I totally agree about the Habs being a good fit for Pavol (or a top two line center...) In my books, he'd be a great player along the Kostitsyns...

Just thinking...
 
you can rest easy now.
 
Told you to believe.... ;)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?